Find A Doctor
*MS (Surgery): KIng George Medical University, Lucknow
*MCh (Urology): PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.
*Visiting fellowship from Urological Society of India at SGPGI, Lucknow for Laparoscopy and Kidney Transplantion-North Zone USI Fellowship.
*Visiting Fellowship at Kulkarni Endosurgery Institute for Endourlogy, Laparoscopy and Stricture Urethra Surgery-USI GM Phadke fellowship.
*Visiting Fellowship at MPUH, Nadiad for Endourlogy and Kidney Transplantion-USI GM Phadke Fellowship.
Dr. Priyadarshi Ranjan
Dr Priyadarshi Ranjan is one of the highest qualified Urologists in India and specialises in Kidney
Transplantation and Urology. With an experience of more than a thousand successful kidney
transplants, he is known in the global community for being innovative and introducing patient
friendly techniques. Also, Dr Ranjan is globally recognised and internationally acclaimed Urologists in
India for prostate disease. His landmark paper on “Diet and BPH” has achieved remarkable citations
in the world, which serves as an international reference research paper for treatment of Benign
prostate Hyperplasia (BPH).
An alumnus of the prestigious King George’s Medical College, Lucknow and coveted PGIMER,
Chandigarh, India, he was awarded Fourteen Gold, 7 silver medals and has won gold medals during
his masters in surgery training & the Urological Society of India. He also served as a faculty member
in the department of Urology and Kidney Transplant at the Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow, India, which
is one of the frontier institutes known for kidney transplantation not only in India but entire Asia. His
further trainings include fellowships at the prestigious Johns Hopkins Transplant centre, Maryland,
USA with world renowned expert on ABO Incompatible kidney transplant, Robert A Montgomery
and at AULA clinic, Barcelona, Spain for optimising post-transplant immunosuppression. He is trained
in Robotic surgery for the prostate cancer and has an experience of conducting more than several
hundreds of procedures such as TURP and Laser prostatectomy.
Dr Ranjan pioneered the Kidney Transplant programme, at the Fortis hospital, Mohali in 2011. He
introduced the concept of TRANSCARE - which has laid down protocols for better graft survival,
preventing rejections, combating side effects of immunosuppression thus enabling his patients to
live longer, healthier and derive the maximum benefits of their transplant. He performs the kidney
transplant operations routinely and has more than 98% success rates at par with the best Kidney
transplant centres of the world. He is amongst the top ten kidney transplant surgeons in the world,
to reach the global landmark of successfully performing Robot Assisted Kidney Transplant and
introduced the SMART technique of Robotic Kidney Transplantation. He developed the iKidney app
for Swap kidney transplant for families with non-matching kidney donor recipient pairs.
He has trained several doctors in Urology and is a specialist Endo urologist and has been managing
prostatic diseases for over two decades. Dr Ranjan has been specially trained to conduct the
minimally invasive Urolift procedure, from Birmingham UK, and brings this expertise to India for a
treatment that has been globally recognised and FDA approved for the treatment of BPH.
His pathbreaking, scientific and patient centric work is regularly featured in widely seen in electronic
media and is an active faculty at various urological and Kidney transplant forums across the globe.
Urological Society of India-Life Member
India Society of Organ Transplantation-Life Member
Association of Surgeons of India-Life Member
Awards & Honours
- AWARDED the prestigious GM Phadke fellowship for the postgraduate students during MCh urology at the annual conference of the Urological Society of India-2009, Indore, India.
- Urological society of India- Awarded the coveted "Eagle Travelling Fellowship" for Urology Post graduate students in North zone USI for the year 2009
- Awarded Dr. Dharam Narain Memorial Gold medal for obtaining the highest number of marks in First professional MBBS Examination of Batch 1996
- Awarded Dr. Burridge Gold Medal in Physiology for being the best student in physiology along with certificate of honour.
- Awarded Dr. S.S. khan Gold medal for standing first in the dissection competition organized by the Department of Anatomy, K.G.M.C., Lucknow
- Awarded book prize of Rs. 45/- for standing first at the MBBS First Professional Examination.
- Awarded Silver Medal & Certificate of Honour in Physiology.
- Awarded Silver Medal & Certificate of Honour in Anatomy.